
My first entry for this class was on my relationship with cereal and in ten weeks my relationship with it hasn’t changed—I simply love it. If anything it has gotten worse and the consumption of it has skyrocketed. Just the other day I caved in and went to the grocery store for my shopping and while weaving in and out of the isles, I just so happened to stumble upon an isle with cereal sales. No, it wasn’t in the cereal isle, but rather the shelf was placed right next to the milk (tricky, tricky you manipulative grocery store) and it was a buy one get one free deal! How could I possibly pass it up? Grabbing two of my favorite kinds, I finished up my shopping, checked out and went home.
After unpacking my groceries, I sat down with some Organic Valley milk and a bowl of cereal, when I disappointingly realized I didn’t examine the box of cereal for the ingredient contents before I bought it. Whereas my last visit to the grocery store was a nightmare: which item do I buy, where did it come from, what was it made with, is it local or imported from far, far away? I didn’t take a moment to read my cereal’s label, but rather came home and simply inhaled a bowl! I suppose some things will just never change.
Picture By: ttp://www.caswells-moms.com/e-shop/images/categories/Cereal.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment